The core focus for SAARC CCI can be divided in to five major areas:
- Awareness building on key economic issues i.e. trade facilitation, NTBs, TBTs, Harmonization of Customs Procedures, intra-regional investment and such others pertaining to promote economic cooperation at the regional level.
- Develop global linkages as a part of its outreach strategy
- Provide services to its members and representatives of the private sector
- Work closely with governments, NGOs, CSOs to raise the concern on socio-economic issues
- Develop an institutional framework for supporting economic cooperation